5 Educational Holiday Gifts Kids Will Love
Posted on December 07 2017
Promote better reading and speech with these ideas for the kids on your list.
The holidays are just around the corner, and it’s time to find the perfect last-minute gifts for the kids on your list. As parents and family members, we want to spend our money on things the kids will like – but does that always have to mean mindless toys? Of course not! Here are five educational holiday gifts that kids will love:
1. Graphic Novels
Have a struggling reader? Try giving him a graphic novel this year. These full-length stories use a paneled sequential graphic format to tell the story. But they aren’t slim on words! The picture-word ratio is just right for kids who would rather do anything but read. Plus, the stories are engaging and exciting!
Kids love games. Whether designed to play alone or with a group, games can be both entertaining and educational gift ideas. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Ready to giggle your way through a lesson on manners? Then pull out this interactive board game. Designed to teach kids to mind their Ps and Qs in an entertaining fashion, Blunders is fun for the whole family to play.
- A great balance game that can be played alone or with a few friends, Suspend will help your kids develop better hand-eye coordination and thinking skills.
- Colorku is a fun marble game is wonderful for helping kids develop logic and problem-solving skills.
3. Building Kits
What child doesn’t love making something new? Encourage that sense of wonder and imagination with a building kit this holiday season. Here are a couple of favorites to consider:
- ZOOB BuilderZ Inventor’s Kit will give your little inventor the chance to create a monster, vehicle, or anything he can imagine.
- From volcanoes to solar-powered cars made from a soda can, these Smithsonian science kits offer kids of all ages the chance to test their science skills in a fun and interactive manner.
Ease reading, speech, comprehension, and pronunciation challenges with the Toobaloo, an auditory feedback speech therapy and reading tool that lets kids hear every word they speak. Simple to use, Toobaloo is great for kids with autism, speech impairments, and dyslexia. This tool is a perfect stocking stuffer or complete gift when paired with the hands-free headset.
5. Dude Diary 3.0
Encourage your child to draw, doodle, and even write a short story using this fun, engaging and yes, gross diary of story prompts. This one is a super educational gift for kids who have difficulty reading and writing on their own.
Be the star-gift giver this year with these educational holiday gifts kids will love. Check out more speech therapy and reading tools available for online ordering today! Call our customer service department at 877.819.2541 for product inquiries and order questions.
Looking for more gift ideas? Check out three speech therapy tools to help kids read here.